CALL NOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT - 0424 908 878
To work and act on the body with pressure, with the massage techniques undertaken via the use of the hands.
The purpose of this massage is the general treatment of stress or pain.
- reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- relieves pain and stiffness
- increases circulation
- increases your immune system functionality
A full body oil massage technique:
1) Start with the neck and shoulders- firstly place a hand on either shoulder and knead the thumbs into the muscles of the shoulders; when finished with the shoulders use the press and release technique to massage along the neck, all the way to the hairline.
2) Do the feet- start massaging the soles of the feet by wrapping both hands around the foot and using the thumbs to apply pressure; pay special attention to the arches of the feet along with the heel and ball of the feet; when you get to the toes grab each toes and gently pull to release tension.
3) Work you way up the legs- start with the backs of the legs, giving each leg a few long relaxing strokes from the calves up to the upper thigh; apply light pressure with both hands smoothly stretching the skin; then one leg at a time massage the calf of the leg you are working on using kneading technique to work the calf muscle; move towards the upper thigh repeating the kneading technique then press the heel of the hand into the skin and slowly move it along the thigh, moving in the direction towards the heart; once you have completed one leg repeat for the other leg.
4) Move from lower back to upper back- perform long soft strokes going from the top of the glutes to the base of the neck; place the palm of each hand on either side of the spine and work your way up keeping the hands parallel with each other and when you reach the top of the back fan your hands outwards across the shoulders; return to the lower back and and use a kneading motion on either side of the spine to release tension; next use the press and release technique to work your way up the back involving pressing the fingertips firmly into the flesh of the back then quickly releasing; in the upper back use the thumbs or a single finger to release knots in problem areas.
5) Massage the hands and arms- working one at a time, hold the wrist so the entire arm is raised then sweep along the back of the forearm, along the tricep and over the shoulder, coming back on the opposite side; use the fingers and thumbs to knead the forearm and uper arm; to massage the hands, take their hand in yours and massage the palm with your thumbs in a circular motion, then pull each finger firmly but not hard enough to cause it to crack; repeat for the other arm and hand.
6) End with the head- client should be on their back to work on their head and face; use your thumbs to gently massage the top of the scalp; then massage each ear lobe with the thumbs and fore fingers; put your hands underneath the jaw and pull the head gently upwards to stretch the neck muscles; now gently press the centre of the forehead between the eyebrows with the fingertips to release tension; next use the fingertips to gently massage the templesmoving in a slow circular motion which hekps relieve tension.
Massage at Central in Surry Hills Massage Sydney CBD
Massage Central Station in Surry Hills
Copyright 2018 - Massage at Central- All Rights Reserved.